- Neahkahnie Beach: right down the hill from the Eagle’s Nest
- Neahkahnie Mountain Trail: 1/4 mi. north on hwy. 101. trailheads are marked with blue signs.
- Short Sands Beach: 1/12 mi. north on hwy. 101 in Oswald West State Park. Two parking lots are at the trail head. 3/4 mi. hike to the beach through old growth rainforest on wide paved and gravel trails.
- Nehalem Bay State Park: bike trails and bay and beach hiking trails. Day pass of $5 required.
- Nehalem Falls: 10 miles out Foss Creek Road, follow the signs to the falls.
- Hug Point: Another really special beach north of Oswald West and south of Cannon Beach.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding lessons from SUP Manzanita
PLACES OF INTEREST:
- Alder Creek Farm (nature reserve with herd of 50 elk, and community garden)
- Cart’m Recycling and resale store – closed
- North County Recreation District
- Hoffman Center for the Arts
- Center for Contemplative Arts
- Pauseful Massage
- Three Village Massage & Qigong
- Spa Manzanita
- Nourish Natural Family Medicine
- Nehalem Bay Animal Healing (alternative veterinary medicine)
SPIRITUAL & METAPHYSICAL:
- Tom Bender’s (the owner/architect) website
- Tarot and Spirit essences of Plant & Stone by Lane deMoll
- Wanderland Rainforest seasonal holy day ceremony
- Manzanita Farmer’s Market: June 10 – September 16, Friday 5-8pm. Live music. Come and meet local food producers, fisher-folk, farmers and herbalists.
- Buttercup Chowders & Ice Cream: Our new favorite! Focus on local and organic ingredients.
- Bread & Ocean Bakery: The go-to for gourmet breakfast, lunch and picnic fare.
- Left Coast Siesta: Simple, healthy, inexpensive. Nice patio. (on Laneda next to Mother Nature’s)
- San Dune Pub: Casual atmosphere & food. 21-and over only. Nice patio out back too. Live music.
- Marzanos Pizza: Family friendly pizza restaurant a block from the ocean on Laneda
- Pizza Garden – (503) 368-7675 – All the yummy Italian basics at a lovely site by the Nehalem River with outdoor seating.
- The Big Wave Cafe: Lunch & Dinner. Family Friendly
- Wanda’s: Family Friendly Breakfast & Lunch. Patio too. (2 miles south on the 101 in Nehalem)
- The Nehalem Beehive: Coffee, teas, pre-made & hot organic foods, soups & snacks. On 101 in “downtown” Nehalem
- Rising Star Cafe: 4 miles south in Wheeler. Turn left at the wheeler hotel–across from the post office.
- Manzanita News: espresso coffee, soups and baked goods on Laneda Ave. in Manzanita
- Mighty Thai: Thai restaurant across from Fresh Foods at Hwy 101 and Manzanita Ave
- Mother Nature’s Natural Foods: Organic grocery store with some baked & deli items/espresso
- Manzanita Market: Grocery & Deli: Super friendly staff. Fresh locally sourced seafood.
- Manzanita Fresh Foods: Large grocery store located one block north of the Laneda/101 turn-off